Womens Career Success Conference & Job Fair in Albuquerque
1309 4th Street Southwest
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Sponsored by U.S. Senator Tom Udall and the Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce, the Women's Career Success Conference will bring together area employers, non-profit organizations and federal agency officials to help women in New Mexico enhance their careers. The conference will offer resources, training programs and personalized skill-building opportunities for women to strengthen their competitiveness in the workforce.
To list your name for a future conference, call Sen. Udall's Albuquerque office at (505) 346-6791 or e-mail your name, phone number and physical address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you are starting your own business, looking for full-time or part-time employment with flexible schedules, wanting to improve your skills or simply considering a career change, the Women's Career Success Conference will help guide you in the right direction.
- resume and cover letter writing advice from HR professionals
- interviewing tips and mock interview practice
- advice on dressing for success
- help with computer skills, including online job search tips (USA Jobs)
- resources on what it takes to start a successful small business, including creating a business plan, securing business loans, and utilizing grants and local resources such as a community commercial kitchen to start a food production business
- employee panel by various area employers who are currently hiring to discuss the skills they are looking for in potential employees
Note: registration is not required for the job fair
Special thanks to the U.S. Department of Labor, the USDA Rural Development Office, the South Valley Economic Development Center, Accion New Mexico, WESST, the Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce and local employers for their participation.
We look forward to seeing you at the Women's Career Success Conference.